Monday, April 12, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray on Ex Getting Married!


Three cheers for my ex getting re-married in Florida! I am so thrilled for the happy couple! Here is a picture of my daughter (with her half-brother and cousin) all dressed in a lovely red dress and her nails were done up...can't see them in this picture but I know as she sent a separate pic with just her hand!

It's been almost 15 years since the divorce, so people will probably wonder why it has not happened for me yet. I guess it's really hard to find a really good man these days. Now that the economy has took a bad turn, it will be even harder to find a guy that has the disposable cash to take us women out on proper dates! We all need to hold ourselves to higher standards, but we don't want to be gold diggers either. Sometimes the problem comes from thinking that we will just "bump" into our potential man in the grocery store or at the gym.....maybe that works for less shy people as I don't just strike up conversations in the meat department...no pun intended!

Not everyone is suited to marriage anyhow. I quite like the fact I can go where I want to go, see who I want to see, do what I want to do without someone nagging me about these things. But, when the time comes to take the plunge...I am certainly not going to lower my expectations just because my former other half has beat me to the whipping post alter!

2 comments:

Glamorous Girl Gone Goofy said...

Charlotte,
Thank you so much for your wonderfull comment! I had to come by and see you and I am so glad I did! I read your interest and we are on the same vibration girl! I celebrate, seriously, all the things you enjoy...even Miss Rice!
A great guy will come to you my friend, only think about what you Desire. Believe he already exist. When you are truly into the state of allowing he will show up! I just know it!
Sending you the best joy ever!
KrisTTie

charkstudios said...

Thanks Kristtie!