Monday, May 4, 2009

Like a Flapjack

I went to get my first mammogram today. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but they did flatten out the tissue quite a lot in order to get the x-ray! I asked the nurse whether my breasts were going to stay in the shape of pancakes and she just laughed. They sure get trigger happy with that button that makes the two acrylic panels edge closer and closer, squishing the flesh just enough to make one pay tribute to all those poor folks trapped in any earthquake debris out there. They are recycling stuff at my hospital, so the soft pad looking thing they splayed my breasts on will be saved in a plastic bag until next year. I needed a new mouse pad so I think I found the perfect candidate....well that is still recycling is'nt it?

1 comment:

the undomesticated wife said...

I'm 35 and had to have a mammo 2 years ago due to a "scary find" (fortunately, it turned out to be nothing serious) and it was the weirdest experience! As they were squeezing the plates, I thought "surely they can't flatten these things any more than they already are." How wrong I was. LOL