Sunday, October 11, 2009

Emerald City Madness


I don't know why, but I had a strange urge to create a mini Emerald City out of Polymer Clay. Of course I used a bit of artistic license to create some of the "Emeralds" but Swarovski Crystals came into good use to fill out the little cavernous space inside this gem world. The stripe on the flat surface of the "Geode" kinda reminds me of the bad witch's socks that curled up fiendishly under Dorothy's home after she was squashed.

I haven't decided what to do with it yet, whether to create an assemblage or a necklace out of it.

Had a good time this weekend and saw my dear friend on Friday at the local watering hole establishment. Have not seen him in about four months. Also good to see some old faces that I haven't seen in a while. This town is practically a ghost town....it used to be packed there on a Friday but it was quite dead. Did not really notice though as I had to play catch up on all the gossip...etc. I wonder how it is in other areas out there? People are just not going out like they used to...so I guess they are at home watching DVD's to save money.

They say the economy is turning around, but I think they are only basing it on the stock market in how that is making a steady comeback. There are more people out of work than ever.

Just stay firm out there and continue to update your skills, even if you can't go back to school because of financial reasons. There is always the library where you can book learn yourself in practically any subject you can think of. If you need to update your computer skills.....learn metalworking...learn how to create a bullseye poster of your old boss to put in your new hay bale shooting range......

Don't loose your sense of humor through all this. It kept me going!

3 comments:

ArtSparker said...

I like your philosophy as expressed in your profile. Your work reminds me a bit of Ginga Squid's. Thanks for your visit!

charkstudios said...

Thanks for visiting my site ArtSparker! I do not know who Ginga Squid is so I will try to "Google" her! Thanks so much!

charkstudios said...

Oh Hi Bamboo/Dave!

Thanks for visiting. Glad you will be exploring jewelry soon. That genre is so diverse that you will have no problem finding your niche, just enjoy the journey with all the bumps and bruises along the way. I will be visiting your site shortly!

Charlotte